Tuesday 2 April 2013

Favorite Dinner

My parents got back from a spring break trip early yesterday morning, so since they had to work in the morning and I have lots of time on my hands, we brought dinner there last night.  It's one of our favorites, but it always takes me by surprise how much time it takes to prepare!

These are the makings for Vietnamese Spring Rolls (minus the rice paper): homemade peanut sauce, baked prawns, radishes, cucumber, carrots, fresh cilantro, and rice noodles.  That's it.  Yet somehow we were an hour later than I intended.

On top of taking a long time to prepare I learned a few things that I probably should have known about myself:

  1. My kitchen is very dark and there is really only one spot at all conducive to photography.  Right there on my stove
  2. This means my stove must be clean :P

Since baby clearly can't eat that, she had her standard squash, zucchini, long grain brown rice mixture, 9% MF Greek Yoghurt with blueberries we froze last year, Cheerios, and her favorite cookie (the first recipe on the page).  

Up for tonight?  Chicken drumstickscouscous cakes, and our new favorite salad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment