Thursday 30 May 2013

Happy Late Mother's Day

As we spent most of Mother's Day in the car this year, and my traditional gift is to make dinner for my mom and mother-in-law (and any other family that cares to show up), we postponed it by a week.  It was a lovely evening - I made pineapple chicken with rice, salad and roasted veggies.  Quite tasty but *I* think that dessert stole the show.


Doesn't that look delicious?!?  I got both recipes from Ezra Pound Cake - the crisp is her strawberry rhubarb cobbler and I topped it (as the post suggested) with her maple gelato.  I made only one change per recipe - and they would both be *perfect* as written - the gelato was made as ice cream and I put candied ginger in the crisp topping.  Because candied ginger should be in everything.  Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment