Friday 3 May 2013

Road Trip!

Tomorrow we leave for gingersnap's first road trip ... which has left me more than a little anxious for the past week.  She was not a great car baby for the first few months of her life; 3 minutes in, no matter where you were or how long there was to go she was screaming.  And screaming for the duration of the trip.  It was awful.

She's gotten much *much* better - we went to Washington a few weeks ago and had to sit in a horrendous border line and she did great.  So I'm hopeful.  This is not to say that I haven't done a lot to make this as painless as possible for all three of us.  (As a side note, this is the first time we're leaving the dog for any length of time.  We'll see how that goes :P )

When I was weak and bought the stacking toy the other day, the purpose of my trip was actually to get stuff for the car; specifically this (doesn't this child look happy?!?).



I feel like it has great potential for a long time, since they're required to be in a car seat until they're like 12 or something now ;).
To go with it, since we're going to try and have all her meals in the car, I bought a silicone placemat, a sippy cup, and a new block set.  I figure new toys are exciting right?  Even at 10 months?

Music, books, food, toys ... I think I have more stuff for the car than for the week at our destination!!

Anywho: 5 hours tomorrow, then 7 on Sunday.  Oh my.  Thinking about it makes my stomach queesy. I'm going to go prep more food.  Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment