Wednesday 10 April 2013

Oodles of Toques

I've been on a sweater kick this year, but as of the last few weeks was having a hard time finding mojo for my fourth sweater of the year.  The answer (in the form of *many* bad pictures ... sorry - I am working on that ...)?


Toques!!!

The first two are for my mother-in-law.  She requested some this year and I *almost* never turn down a request ;)  The first one is the Pressed Leaves from Alana's new collection Botanical Knits made from some Madelinetosh DK in tart.  The next is the Antler Toque from Tin Can Knit's collection Pacific Knits (I want to make just about everything in this book ... but I digress).  I made it from Berocco Ultra Alpaca, trying to work through the last few balls in my stash.  My supply appears to be endless :P

Finally there's Selkie for the gingersnap for next fall/winter from Wooly Wormhead's upcoming collection Playful Wooly Toppers (with the first 3 patterns available now).  I *will* get a better picture of this one - I love it to bits and pieces and will be making it again.  It used up the perfect amount of scraps I had of Madelinetosh Vintage (light blue/Mourning Dove) and DK (dark blue/Stovepipe).

I think I can now get back to my sweater and not hate every moment of endless stockinette ... but that doesn't stop me from dreaming of the next project(s)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment